Thanks for the word, Dave.  I will know not to rely on the
     printed material they supply, then.  Sic transit tyrannosaurus,
     right?

     Cortland

Subject: Re: C-Tick mark
Author:  Dave Perlmutter/US/3Com
<Dave_Perlmutter/US/3com%3...@smtp1.isd.3com.com> at internet
Date:    1/15/97 6:29

  Cortland,

I checked the CKC site as you recommended below.   The "guidance" on the C-tick
mark to which you refer is out-of-date.   CKC's document is based on the July
1995 edition of the EMC Frameworks.   The SMA made major amendments to the
Framework in March 1996.  One of these revisions removes the RCM from the
frameworks and removes the restriction on the use of the C-tick mark as
published in July 1995.   The current revision of the EMC Frameworks is
available directly from the SMA at the SMA Web site:  http://www.sma.gov.au.

 Given that it is Jan. 1997 and the CKC Web site information is still at the
1995 revision level, I question how "timely" their information really is.

David