Hello Robert,

IEC 320 inlets cannot be used for DC power because of the chance that they
will be plugged into AC power by mistake.  The general public does not
always read input labels and if they see an IEC 320 inlet there is an
automatic assumption that it plugs into AC.  Most safety standards prohibit
the use for this reason.

As for alternatives, I have seen Amp or Molex connectors used for DC input.

Patty Elliot
TUV Rheinland of N.A.
ell...@tuv.com

Personal opinions, not corporate