Bob,

As you say, IEC 320 connectors are intended to be used for supplying ac
mains power.

Personally I would never advocate using a mains connector to supply 48 or
60 Vdc.  There is a good chance that at some time in the product's life
someone somewhere will plug the equipment into a 'handy' connector that has
the other end plugged into the ac mains supply.  Maybe your product would
remain safe when powered with 230 Vac rather than 48 V dc, maybe not.

You have not said what the input current is, but if you are looking at an
IEC 320 type then I presume that it is in the 5 -15 A range.  In this case
a 'power D type' would seem to be a reasonable bet.  Many telecos have
their own preferred connector: hard wiring is common too.

Regards,

Richard Hughes

p.s. Naturally, if you construed any of the above to be an opinion of any
know living being, or corporate body, or anything else, you would be
entirely wrong.