Good answer.  I agree.  I think it's a good idea to
get a cross section of opinion on this issue.

tony_fredriks...@netpower.com

 ----------
From: tjmeck
To: emc-p...@ieee.org; jlovell%mfg.trim...@ngmsmtp.trimble.com; rfm; Tony
Fredriksson
Subject: RE: CE Mark product standards for purchased equipment
Date: Tuesday, March 11, 1997 3:14PM

Hello:

Wouldn't this fall into `due diligence'.  The system
integrator's record of compliance and proper files may
provide basis for pleading, in a credible way, proper
intent.
 Also, I thought the purpose of the regulations
allowing individual components to be CE marked was to
provide a `reasonable' amount of certainty of
compliance.
 However, if the system is a standard
product configuration why wouldn't the integrated have
tested this configuration?

Remember this is only my personal novice
interpretation!

Best regards,
Terry J. Meck
Senior QA/Test Engineer