Phillip Ford     phil_f...@uk.xyratex.com
ext 3255         tel:+44 (0)1705 443255  fax:+44 (0)1705 499315
Engineering Lab, 871/24-22                        X Y R A T E X

*** Forwarding note from I1467402--IBMMAIL  11/04/97 06:30 ***
From: tania.gr...@octel.com
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 1997 19:02:27 -0700
Subject: Can someone identify this ferrite?
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org

     While performing emission testing, we have discovered that a certain
     ferrite performed better than some others, however, we cannot identify
     the source.

     It is a standard issue, almost square, clamshell type housing to be
     used with a cable approximately 10 mm diameter, with an outer
     off-white plastic case with the following markings:

               KG (italics) inside a rectangle, molded on one side

               SFC-10  sticky-on white label on the other side

     If anyone is familiar with this type, I would be most grateful if you
     could identify it.  Thank you.

          Tania Grant, Octel Communications Corporation
          tania.gr...@octel.com

---- End of mail text

Additional SMTP headers from original mail item follow: