From: owner-emc-pstc
To: emc-pstc
Subject: Measuring AC
Date: Thursday, January 16, 1997 9:21AM

To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 1997 09:21:22 -0700
From: Max <mkel...@chekov.corp.es.com>
Sender: owner-emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org

Does anyone know of a good method (or have any ideas) of how I could
reduce line voltage down to low (DC) levels in order to measure the line
voltage with an AD converter.

Using a transformer is obviously the easiest way and probably provides
the least potential problems with safety agencies.  But transformers are
not (I don't think) terribly accurate and they are rather bulky even in
this sort of application.

What are the safety implications, for example, of just rectifying and
filtering the voltage and running it through a voltage divider?

Thanks,

Max Kelson
mkel...@es.com