From: rampelberg...@euronet.be@INTERNET on Thu, Jul 10, 1997 9:59 PM

>Have been informed during official meeting between manufacturer rep's
> in Belgium and rep's of model users (airplane and buggies):
>
>Graupner manufacturer rep. in BELGIUM (Mr Engelen) made following
> unbelievable statements subject 72 Mhz radio control equipment rigs:
>  - radio control rig's in general, and specially 72 Mhz rig's, are
>    unable to meet the new ETSI 300-220 spec. constrains (is this true?,
>    who has experience on the subject with other brands?)
>  - CE EMC requirements are not applicable to Radio Control equipment
>   (for me its applicable to ALL equipment's, what's your opinion?)

I can't comment on EU requirements for model radio equipment but here in the
states the FCC regulates them and only 27 & 72 MHz are authorized for this
use.

>Other statements made by the same person Not dirrectly related to the
> purpose of this discution group (info request):
>  - 72 Mhz rig's are unreliable due to the fact that the quartz is
>    very thin on that frequency and breaks down often due to engines
>    vibration and/or heavy landings (is that true, on what overtone
>    frequency do they work?)

I race 1/10 scale off road trucks and there is almost no failures of radio
equipment in my experience. You can purchase AM, FM and PCM equipment here
in both the 27 and 72 Mhz band.

>  - 72 Mhz rig's will not be manufactured any more due to the low user
>    demand (any comments and/or estimates?)

72 MHz is the most popular band here in the US for car & truck racing (can't
comment on planes or boats) because there is much less interference than on
the 27Mhz band.

>  - 72 Mhz will be no longer used any more for model radio control. In
>    the near future the 72Mhz band will be relocated in the 75 Mhz band
>    (is this a USA FCC statement?, who else's use 72 Mhz (country's)?,
>    who else will switch)

I have heard that there will be additional frequencies in the 75Mhz band
because of the demand for more band width. I have not heard anything about
72Mhz being eliminated.

Dave Clement (USA)