Hi all,

     I have a question regarding TS001 - 1997 which is an Australian
     Standard for safety of telecoms equipment for customer use.

     Clause 5.3 permits the use of a separate Line Isolation Unit which is
     connected between the telecoms device, typically a modem, and the
     network. The purpose of this LIU is to provide electrical separation
     from the network to SELV, in the case where the device itself does not
     provide that separation.

     Clause 5.3.2 allows three methods to prevent the possibility of the
     LIU being bypassed, resulting in the device being directly connected
     to the network. The first method is the "Use of detachable cabling
     that will not allow direct connection of CE to a telecommunications
     network"

     My question is should the above sentence read "non-detachable" istead
     of "detachable"? Otherwise can anybody shed some light on the intent?

     All comments appreciated.

     John Fee

     f...@netc.ie