Hello John,

There is no mistake with the spec's wording. The intent of the clause is to
have cabling that will prevent the LIU from being easily bypassed. With the
method that you have mentioned this could be achieved by the CE having a
non-standard connector that will prevent direct connection to the network.
In this case the user is encouraged to connect the CE to the LIU via the
non-standard connector and then make the network connection to the LIU
using a standard connector (RJ11 etc).

If the LIU and CE were joined with a "non-detachable" cable this would also
meet the intention of this clause as the user would need to make some
serious changes to bypass the LIU.

Regards
Barry Esmore