From:  Bob Cresswell
Sent:  Wednesday, September 23, 1998 7:44 AM
To:  Ing. Gert Gremmen; Muriel Bittencourt de Liz; Lista de EMC da IEEE
Subject:  RE: Doubt on Measuring with Spectrum Analyser

Hello Meuiel & Gert

There is yet another approach to the problem of common mode currents on
cables which are produced by AM, TV, FM... broadcast station.  In the past
I have made a common mode Balun which is simply 2 or 3 ferrite rings (maybe
2.5 to 3 inch diam.) and route your coax cable around the ferrite, maybe 5
turns.  This will limit the interference current while leaving the
conducted emissions currents untouched.  This has worked well for me in the
past.

        Best Regards

        Bob Cresswell
        Senior Engineer, Intellistor OATS