From:   kaan_greger...@mtn.3com.com[SMTP:kaan_greger...@mtn.3com.com]
Sent:   Tuesday, October 13, 1998 11:50 AM
To:     EMC-PSTC
Subject:        Re: Crepage/Clearance On Telecom Modem design

Hello,

Its me again, with another two cents (Hey! maybe this one is worth a
nickel... :-).

Clause 2.2.7.4 talks about working voltages for determining Creepage
Distances with no apparent distinction between Primary and/or Secondary
circuits.  The clause lists three bullets, with the third bullet indicating
that "short-term conditions (e.g. in cadenced ringing signals in TNV
Circuits) shall be disregarded".

This clause seems to indicate that for Creepage Distance determinations the
ringing voltage is not to be considered as part of the Working Voltage.

Of course, it could mean something else (these standards can be pretty
tricky...), does anyone have a clearification?

Kaan L. Gregersen
Regulatory Engineer
3Com