Hello Mark, Pryor and group

I fully agree with the remarks that Mark makes in his conclusions about EN
50082-1:1997.

I want to emphasize however that any new product complying to the 1992 version
has just the period to DOW to meet the 1997 version.  This means that without
new declaration (and testing and modifications..) at DOW your sales have to
STOP.  So better meet the 1997 requirements immediately for any NEW product
which economic life will probable exceed DOW.

Your remark about the OJ and waiting for publication is legally correct, but as
the 1992 is almost a subset of the 1997 version (except for radiated immunity:
was 30 -1000 MHz , now 80 -1000 MHz and the added modulation issue) , your test
house will probable include the requirements of the 1992 version in the 1997
version series of tests (this is what we offer our clients). The declaration of
conformity is issued in 2 versions: one for 1992 version and a
future-to-be-signed-version for the 1997 version.

The EN 50082-1:1997 version will however soon (!???!) be replaced by the IEC
1000-6-1   generic standard implemented in the EN 61000-6 series. New DOWS new
problems!

Regards,

Ing. Gert Gremmen

==
CE-test, qualified testing,
Consultancy, Compliance tests for EMC and Electrical Safety
15 Great EMC-design tips available !
Visit our site  :  http://www.cetest.nl
The Dutch Electronics Directory http://www.cetest.nl/electronics.htm
==