EN50082-1:1997 [BSEN50082-1:1998] includes the following dates:-

dop - 1998-3-1
dow - 2001-7-1

the forward make NO reference to products which have previously satisfied
1992 requirements.  Hence ALL products sold after this date [which need to
use the generics] must meet this requirement on 2001-7-1 [year-month-day].

I will check back through my records but I do not remember any such
requirement if you choose to use the 1992 version in any given period, it
would not make any logical sense. Dependent upon product life cycle it
would also not be logical to use the 1992 version if you were still to sell
product after 2001-7-1.

Note : although the forward of the specification states they have NO legal
status as defined by the commission, these will be listed separately in the
OJ - so until we see exactly what is written in the OJ it is all supposition !

Regards Andy Griffin

     EMiSoft Limited - Test and Assessment
               Software Solutions

        Uk Tel       +44 (0)468 188244
        Uk Fax       +44 (0)1793 522214
        USA Tel/Fax  +408 356 1980
        Email        agrif...@emisoft.co.uk
        Web          http://www.emisoft.co.uk
        Hot Links    http://www.emisoft.co.uk/special/hotemc.htm

   We write software - we don't sell equipment