EMC Group,

  I am having "discussions" with an associate concerning an issue of
grand-fathering of a product.  He has claimed that at his previous company
products were shipped into the EEA after the implementation of the EMC and
Low Voltage Directives without compliance to these Directives.  He
indicates that the products involved were products that had been "placed on
the market" (in 1988-1992) prior to the implementation of said Directives.
He said all that was involved was completion of a form, and having evidence
to back the sales of these products into the EEA during pre-Directive time
frame.  He claims that if no design changes have occurred that these
products can still be sold in the EEA to this date.

  This doesn't seem possible from all that I understand, but I can't put my
finger on any official EEA document that I can use to refute this.  Can
anyone provide me with information to affirm or reject this claim?

Your assistance is GREATLY APPRECIATED...

Gail Birdsall
Hach Co.