        From:   pmerguer...@itl.co.il [SMTP:pmerguer...@itl.co.il]
        Sent:   Wednesday, November 17, 1999 10:01 AM
        To:     emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
        Cc:     al...@itl.co.il
        Subject:        DC Power Applied to an AC Rated Switching Power
Supply

        Dear Folks,

        I have a product with an UL/TUV UL1950/EN 60 950 Approved 100-240
Vac rated
        switching power supply.  Manufacturer has means for 110-370 Vdc
connection
        to this power supply. My question is can this be done without
additional
        tests? If tests are necessary, what kind of tests are required? My
only
        fear is that the X and Y-capacitors and fuse are rated for 250 Vac.

        Any inputs would be greatly appreciated.
        +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
        RTTE Directive Seminar
        Renaissance Hotel, Tel-Aviv
        12th January 2000. For details: