Hello Matthew!

I think that under US tax code the terms "non-profit"
and "not-for-profit" have special, distinct meanings
that govern how the organization must handle income
and profits.  Again, not being a tax law expert, I
could not explain what the difference is.

As to your second question, I object!

Regards,

Frank West
Sr. Engineer