From:   Sandy Mazzola [SMTP:mazzo...@symbol.com]
Sent:   Thursday, November 11, 1999 12:18 PM
To:     emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject:        EN 55024 and Performance Criteria Applicability

To All,

     With specifics to EN 55024  Information Technology Equipment-Immunity
Characteristics-Limits and Measurements and the  EN 61000-4-2 ESD
requirement.  ESD requirement of +/-8 Kv Air Search and  +/- 4 KV
Contact/Indirect is usually tested gradually for example +/- 2KV, +/- 4 KV
and +/- 8KV.    EN 55024 calls out for performance Criteria B.  The
question is:

      Is the performance criteria the same for all voltages tested ?   For
example is it also performance criteria B for the voltages below the
maximumm requirement or does it roll up to performnce criteria A for less
then max requirement.
    I hope I have phrased the question correctly.

 Thanks in advamnce for any responses.

Sandy Mazzola

Sandy Mazzola
Regulatory Engineering