To All,

     With specifics to EN 55024  Information Technology Equipment-Immunity
Characteristics-Limits and Measurements and the  EN 61000-4-2 ESD requirement.
ESD requirement of +/-8 Kv Air Search and  +/- 4 KV Contact/Indirect is usually
tested gradually for example +/- 2KV, +/- 4 KV and +/- 8KV.    EN 55024 calls
out for performance Criteria B.  The question is:

      Is the performance criteria the same for all voltages tested ?   For
example is it also performance criteria B for the voltages below the maximumm
requirement or does it roll up to performnce criteria A for less then max
requirement.
    I hope I have phrased the question correctly.

 Thanks in advamnce for any responses.

Sandy Mazzola

Sandy Mazzola
Regulatory Engineering