Greetings:
Several years ago I ran some tests on welded, soldered and twisted
thermocouples, ten of each "type". Immersed in the same liquid. As sensor I
used a Fluke, two decimal places.
There was no difference between welded and soldered units. The deviation of the
twisted thermocouples was less than one degree among the sample and to the
others.
Bogdan.