The Low Voltage Directive Notified Bodies do not have a collective
forum, unlike the Machinery or EMC folks. The only way of sorting out
differences is in court and a judge will decide. I have had the
interesting experience where an unscrupulous client had a product tested
in a Notified Body lab, that I was the signatory for, after having had a
failure in the other Notified Body Lab that I was responsible for. This
was as a result of a Trading Standards complaint. The sample submitted
by the client was given a different name to prevent our internal systems
picking up the impending conflict. It was done to deliberately discredit
the Notified Body process. The interesting thing is that the product had
originally been tested by another Notified Body and he had commented on
the subsequent failure point but had not pursued it.

Alan
_
Alan Brewster
Compliance Certification Services