Hello all,

I want to clarify some of my thoughts regarding the ground bond
specification for production line.
EN 50116 for ITE specifies the earthing terminal or earthing contact may not
exceed 0.1 ohms when 1.5 times the current capacity of hazardous circuits is
applied, but not more than 25 A (ac or dc) for 60 seconds.
The CSA standard C22.2 No. 0.4-M1982 "Bonding and grounding of Electrical
Equipment" specifies for cord-connected equipment twice the rating of the
attachment plug capacity, but not less than 30 A, 60 Hz current for 2
minutes.
I am wondering which of these standards is applicable for routine test in
production field. I think that EN 50116 is,  but I am a little bit
embarrassed by the CSA requirements of 30A and want to know your ideas on
basis of a longer experience than mine.
I appreciate any response to this e-mail. Thank you.

Best regards,

Carmen Filimon
Safety Test Eng.,
Leitch Technology Int'l,