Hi Doug:

Some years ago I did some tests on my concrete garage
floor using aluminum foil laid down on the floor.

I applied 120 volts through an ammeter to the foil,
and then measured the current from the 120 volts to
the foil.  I wanted to learn how much current would
be conducted by the concrete floor in the event
someone was standing on the floor and touching a
120-volt live wire.

As I recall, I put something on top of the foil to
hold it in good contact with the concrete.

With dry concrete, the current was tolerably low --
in the microamps.

With wet concrete (I poured water onto the concrete,
mopped up the puddle, and placed the foil on the
concrete), the leakage current was in the low
milliampere region.

I would certainly caution about using as an insulator
a material that is not rated as an insulator.  Since
the material is not evaluated as an insulator, there
is no data on its performance.  I would be hard
pressed to use such a material as a reliable insulator.

Good luck!
Rich