Chaz,

I think it depends on your product and how your customers will be using your
equipment (due-diligence).
To answer your question, YES, we do test internally.

You know me; I enjoy everything in excess.  I have never been one that has
been satisfied testing only to the limit.  If you test only one product to
pass the requirements, where is your confidence?  You either need to test
more than one sample or test to a higher standard, only then can you have a
level of confidence that your product truly passes the "minimum
requirements."

I have already spoken with your partner in crime (Monrad) and am considering
a joint effort to analyze the statistics of ESD and what a product can
really expect to see in a lifetime.

To this end, I would like to ask the group a question.  I have heard that
IBM (and possibly others) has done studies on this exact subject.  Does
anyone have knowledge of were this information can be found?

Kevin J. Hight  -- Regulatory Compliance Engineer
Exabyte Corporation
1777 Exposition Drive, Building #7
Boulder, Colorado 80301
Phone: 303-417-5534; Fax: 303-417-5710