Dear Robert,

You need to refer to the APEC MRA documents and also country specific
documents/rules on how they are implementing the various phases of this
MRA.. Not all APEC members signed the MRA but one of them is Korea. The APEC
MRA can be found at http://www.tsacc.ic.gc.ca/MRA/";. The commencement date is
July 1, 1999 to those who signed it. From what I understand if the
telecommunications regulations include compliance to telecom, safet(electrical)
and EMC rules then these are covered under this agreement. APL:AC agreement
covered recognition of lab accredation procedures between countries so that
accreditation and recognition was easier. In Australia's case this procedure
worked
mutually well for telecom testing,. However some countries quasi national labs
and/or telecom and EMC regulation authorities denied that this obligated them
to recognize labs in other countries based on the existing accreditation by
the APLAC member body in that country and an audit visit to accrediate by
that same body. This was the case in Taiwan with EMC and also in Korea.

There is a lot of information out there and I would recommend that people
link into the APEC web sites as well as those of Industry Canada for ongoing
updates.

Yours truly,

G. Rae Dulmage, B. Comm.,
President