You're correct in your assumptions.

There is no EN 60446 (and, indeed, no EN 602446 as I mis-typed it) only IEC
60446. My apologies.

IEC 60446 is cited by EN 60204 in the 'neutral' section 14.2.3 so I turned
to it for clarification (and got none, really).

It seems there is no product standard for our equipment (semiconductor
manufacturing equipment). EN 60204-1 identifies itself as a type B,
'horizontal' standard.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,
Lauren Crane