Dear Tin

There is indeed a ban on new equipment entering the EU from 01.01.2001.  The
original EU Regulation, which implements the requirements of the Montreal
Protocol, was called EC 3093/94.  this has since been replaced with an updated
version but I do not have the reference to hand.

Although the ban comes into force in 2001 it has already been implemented in
Sweden and Denmark in 1998 and Germany in 2000.  The ban only applies to new
equipment.  It does not apply to second hand or used equipment as long as the
date of manufacture is before the cut off date.

If you need any more detailed information give me a call or send an email.

Slaint

William McCafferty
Safety & Quality Manager
Nikon Precision Europe