From:   plaw...@west.net [mailto:plaw...@west.net]
Sent:   Tuesday, December 12, 2000 10:58 AM
To:     EMC-PSTC
Subject:        Re: Passive PFC (original post by lfresea...@aol.com)

When systems are tested using these techniques, make sure the latest
version of EN61000-3-2 is used, incorporating Ammendment 14.

Previously, simple techniques could be used to modify the input
current waveform, and distort it outside the 'special waveform'
envelope shown in figure 1 of the standard.
This enabled you to use the less-stringent Class A limits.

With the incorporation of Ammendment 14, there is no evaluation of the
input current waveform to determine the test limit.  The application
alone will determine the test limit used.

----
Patrick Lawler
plaw...@west.net