As a member of the British EPL/74 committee, I can say that I
know of no plans to issue an IEC standard equivalent to EN50116.

Historically, almost certainly ECMA will have produced their standard
and then given it to CENELEC who issued it as EN50116.

I don't know if IEC would entertain producing such a standard.
Routine electrical testing is a "best practice", "quality", "certification",
"compliance" issue, and it is debateable whether IEC should start
dictating on such issues. Equally it could be said that we should
not have allowed CENELEC to dictate on such issues either.
I don't know if EN 50116 is listed against the LVD - I would expect
not.

Regards,
John Crabb, Development Excellence (Product Safety) ,
NCR  Financial Solutions Group Ltd.,  Kingsway West, Dundee, Scotland. DD2
3XX
E-Mail :john.cr...@scotland.ncr.com
Tel: +44 (0)1382-592289  (direct ). Fax +44 (0)1382-622243.   VoicePlus
6-341-2289.