Peter:

I acted as a professional witness in a similar claim that clocked a
neighbour doing 110 in an 80 Km zone. The neibour lost.

I attempted to prove there was the possibility of EMI from a local 50Kw
broadcast transmitter which was less than 1/4 mile away. Since the reading
taken is a gated reading  the gun is only listening for a very few
miliseconds to acquire the signal that pretty well ruled out EMI as a souce.

Re the calibration. The officier was cross examined by the defendant's
lawyer as to his training and qualifications that would ensure he/she knew
that the rinstrument was calibrated. They simply use a tuning fork with the
gun pointed at it ( one method) and it can be self calibrated.

One can request at what time was the gun calibrated and what is the maximum
length of time between calibrations as these things do drift over time .
This particular gun operated in the 10Ghz band  and was relatively new.
Older units that did not take a gated reading were susceptible to errors.

Another point to make is the angle at which the reading was taken. It was
overlooked in the case in which I participated  but there was a sharp bend
in the road and there was no way my neiighbour could have been travelling at
the speed claimed from the angle where the reading was taken.   It cost him
$1000 and some demerit points.

Many judges will side with the officer when push comes to shove but at least
ask the right questions and you may find yourslef believed.

Ralph Cameron,   EMC Consulting and Suppression of Consumer Electronics
 After sale)