From: wo...@sensormatic.com [mailto:wo...@sensormatic.com]
Sent: 13 October 2000 16:50
To: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: A1 of EN61000-4-3

Good question. This does appear to be a problem. It appears that the dates
for the Basic standards, when they are first published, are set by their
adoption in the Generic, Family and Product standards. Therefore the DOP and
DOW of those higher level standards govern when we must use the Basic
standards for the first time. But the Commission has no means to tell us
when we may (DOP) or must (DOW) adopt any revisions to those referenced
Basic standards. It appears then that we should follow the DOP and DOW
published in the revisions of the Basic standards.

Richard Woods