        From:  Jon Bond [SMTP:jb...@zoomtel.com]
        Sent:  Thursday, October 05, 2000 4:42 PM
        To:  'rehel...@mmm.com'; wo...@sensormatic.com
        Cc:  emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
        Subject:  RE: RTTE & PTT Notification

        We recently submitted notifications to the EU and EFTA member
states. With
        the generous help of a regular contributor to this forum, we were
provided
        with numerous member state notification forms, mailing addresses and
email
        addresses to send out the notifications.

        We also "heard" that Germany was requiring declarations to a
national
        standard. In hopes of avoiding any problems, we used a notified body
        perform notification submittals to Germany and 3 other countries
we've had
        problems with in the past with regards to regulatory approvals. We
notified
        about 15 EU / EFTA members on our own. We only declared to the
relevant
        ETSI and EN standards, we did not declare to anyone's national
standard.
        The 4 week timeframe  has come and gone and we have only received
"ok's",
        and no responses. We have not received any "rejections" for not
declaring
        to a national standard. The 4-week time period has come and gone.
(BTW,
        Germany was a "no response".)

        Regards,

        Jon Bond