From: "Ken Javor" <ken.ja...@emccompliance.com>
To: <michael.sundst...@nokia.com>; <paolo.ronc...@compuprint.it>;
<eric.lif...@ni.com>
Cc: <emc-p...@ieee.org>
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 10:17 PM
Subject: Re: R: Conducted Emissions on Telecom Ports

So you are saying that an emission limit was imposed to improve immunity of
the self-same equipment?  I have to go on record disagreeing with that
interpretation.  As for protection of nearby circuits, my guess is that if
you calculate coupling from a cable just meeting your telecom port CE limit
to an adjacent cable, you will find that even common mode coupling is orders
of magnitude below the intentional signal carried in the adjacent victim
cable.  I say this in full ignorance of just what that CE limit is, since I
know that a CE limit designed to protect against rfi will more than protect
against cable-to-cable coupling.