When the radiating or receiving source (wire or antenna) is a significant
fraction of the separation between wire and antenna or antenna and antenna,
then not only are the (1/r to the n) calculations imprecise, they are WRONG.
All those 1/r to the n equations are based on a simplification that ignores
the length of the radiating element relative to the separation between
radiator and receptor.  Therefore, the equations break down when this
situation is not obtained in reality.

CARTER <car...@amcomm.com>, "'jim_bac...@mail.monarch.com'"
<jim_bac...@mail.monarch.com>, franz gisin <emc_...@yahoo.com>,
emc-p...@ieee.org