Hello Barry,

When saving *.pdf files you can set a security option that blocks some of
the possible actions of the PDF reader. Options you can block are
"Printing", "Changing the document", "Selecting text and Graphics", "Adding
or Changing Annotations and Form fields".

I use this security option when I create Declarations of Conformity that
integrates signatures (mine actually...) alowing only the printing of the
document.

Hope this helps,

Benoît Nadeau

At 01:59 PM 7/17/2000 -0700, Barry Ma wrote:

>Hi,
>
>When reading an EMC article in PDF file, I sometimes want to copy a couple
of sentences or paragraph to my MS WORD document. Most of times I failed.
But a few times I could do it. I don't know why. Do you have the same
experience?

>$1 million in prizes! 20 daily instant winners.
>AltaVista Rewards: Click here to win!
>http://shopping.altavista.com/e.sdc?e=3

>For help, send mail to the list administrators:
>     Jim Bacher:              jim_bac...@mail.monarch.com
>     Michael Garretson:        pstc_ad...@garretson.org
>
>For policy questions, send mail to:
>     Richard Nute:           ri...@ieee.org

Benoît Nadeau, ing. M.ing (P.eng., M.eng.)
Conformity Group Manager
Matrox
1055, boul. St-Regis
Dorval (Québec)
Canada H9P 2T4
Tel: (514) 822-6000 (x2475)
Fax: (514) 822-6275

Chairman
2001 IEEE EMC International Symposium on
Electromagnetic Compatibility
Montreal August 13 to 17, 2001