        From:  O'Shaughnessy, Paul [SMTP:paul_oshaughne...@geneticmicro.com]
        Sent:  Tuesday, September 26, 2000 4:41 PM
        To:  IEEE EMC Forum (E-mail)
        Subject:  Harmonic emissions

        I am just rejoining the forum after a few weeks absence for vacation
and
        server/domain changes.

        Early in September it appeared that the harmonic emissions standard
EN
        61000-3-2 might be ammended (with A14) to redefine equipment
        classifications, specifically Class D.  Does anyone have a reliable
update
        on the situation?  Will something be published in the Official
Journal of
        the EC and at what point would this ammendment have the force of
law?

        My apologies if I am hashing over a subject already discussed.

        Many thanks.

        Paul O'Shaughnessy
        Test Engineering Manager
        Affymetrix, Inc.