Hi,

Thank you for your previous comments regarding Evaluation Boards.
Could I raise one issue for further comment.

It has been stated that Evaluation Boards must comply with FCC emc
requirements CFR 47  Part 15.

Another view is that Evaluation Cards are exempt as defined by section
15.103 (c) which states;
 -- A digital device used exclusively as industrial, commercial, or medical
test equipment. --

In Europe I know one Evaluation Board manufacturer gained CE compliance
through the Technical Construction File route. The product exceeded
recognised industrial emc emission levels but was 'passed' by a Competent
Body on the proviso that it's use was restricted to industrial development
premises. Unfortunately I don't now how he dealt with this for the US.

Knowing how these boards are often used - external cables to logic
analysers, additional circuitry connected to expansion ports - the EU
approach is reasonable

Has anyone any comments to offer or suggested sources of information.

Vic

v...@virata.com