I understand that a label is not required.

I asked in reference to a component (Telecom DC power cable) that we
make in-house.   They aren't serialized, so we aren't going to keep a
test result database cross-referencing serial numbers ...as we would for
serialized products.  We also aren't going to NRTL mark the cables.  It
boils down to a quality issue more than anything.

I was just looking into an efficient way for our manufacturing guys to
identify the "tested" cables from the "untested" cables as they are
being routed and stored.  I was looking into the labels as an option.

A few of the responses have inspired me to look into other, more simple
means such as stamping

Chris Maxwell | Design Engineer - Optical Division
email chris.maxw...@nettest.com | dir +1 315 266 5128 | fax +1 315 797
8024

NetTest | 6 Rhoads Drive, Utica, NY 13502 | USA
web www.nettest.com | tel +1 315 797 4449 |