I read in !emc-pstc that Massimo Polignano
<massimo.polign...@esaote.com> wrote (in <OFB42F2B94.C5CABD33-ONC1256AF4
..00369...@esaote.com>) about 'Keep off the grass: RF emissions!', on
Mon, 29 Oct 2001:
>Is there any applicable product standard dealing with  EMC and safety of
>that kind of devices?

In Europe, the Generic EMC Standards would apply plus whatever ETSI
standards cover the radio part. For safety, I suppose EN60335-1 if the
propulsion is electric.

>Do you think it is to be handled as an intentional RF transmitter,
>similarly to an ISM?

Yes. Unless it's actually an induction system rather than an EM-wave
system, in which case the answer gets less definite. What frequency does
the transmitter use?

>Let's consider it is not an intentional transmitter, as the emission
>depends on the broadness of the reference loop, does it make sense to do
>measurement at three or ten meters?

You probably need to measure the magnetic field if the transmitter has a
loop antenna, not the electric field, so the 3m/10m distance requirement
is not relevant. But there probably needs to be a specified distance,
maybe 1 m.

>Do you think immunity as well can be anlysed regardless the actual
>installation?

Immunity is VERY important. We don't want these things running amok
every time an EM disturbance occurs!
Eat mink and be dreary!