Yes, it can get complicated. However, we don't HAVE to get involved with
the complications. (We can if we want to.)

What I described is a coupled resonant notch filter, familiar to anyone who
has had to reduce spot frequency interference. It would be easier to build
such a notch circuit into the feed line, and apply its measured loss versus
frequency to the loop output, but if the loop antenna contains an RF
preamplifier, this will not prevent overloading that. By coupling a
resonant tank to the loop itself, the overloading signal may be reduced at
the amplifier input. In this case the effect of the notch filter could
either be modelled as you suggest, or accommodated during calibration of
the antenna. I suspect the latter may be simpler to do. If a notching
circuit is fixed in position with respect to the loop antenna, its effect
will not vary any more than the loop antenna's own factor varies, and could
be usable for SOME measurements on the particular site where single
frequency interference is a problem.

Realistically, why use an antenna vulnerable to overload on a site where
strong signals exist?  This looks like a case where a passive loop antenna
is a better choice than one with a built-in  preamplifier.

Regards,

Cortland