-----Original Message-----
From: Ehler, Kyle [mailto:keh...@lsil.com]
Sent: Monday, September 24, 2001 1:29 PM
To: 'Dan Irish - Sun BOS Hardware'; emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: RE: Steel ball for impact tests

What about calibration?
Is a trailer ball NIST traceable? =:P
As a 'CTDP' participant I have to maintain a cal list on all instruments I
use in the course of my tests and include it with any test reports I ship to
agencies.

I had to get my certified 'sphere' calibrated recently.  -Not that it
changes much or is easily adjustable.
It was not cheap for this paperwork turn on 'ol ironhead'.

If'n you purchase a new sphere, you get a nice cal cert along with it.
I would venture that your time making and cal'ing/correcting a trailer ball
to spec and getting it cert is just as expensive.

Regards,
Kyle Ehler  KCOIQE
< mailto:kyle.eh...@lsil.com <mailto:kyle.eh...@lsil.com> >
Assistant Design Engineer