From: Wan Juang Foo [mailto:f...@np.edu.sg]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2001 8:28 PM
To: EMC-PSTC Discussion Group
Subject: Re: EMI sniffer goggles

I suppose that can be achieve with some class of liquid crystals embedded
in a polymer medium.  The problem is that is the representation in the near
field or just a plane (cross section).

I will prefer a none intrusive gas or vapour that will 'glow' at different
field intensity and colour, very much like a corona or  aurora.  :-)  Now
we can have a glass tank 'gas chamber' within an anechoic chamber to
evaluate the field strengths in 3D.  Then the argument will be that there
will be different gasses for different frequent frequency ranges ;-)  Just
think about the possible effect on the environment.

Dreams comes true when we want them to...

Tim Foo,
(or just call me 'Tim')
                                   E-mail:  f...@np.edu.sg
ECE, School of Engineering,
http://www.np.edu.sg/ece/                          Tel: + 65 460 6143
Ngee Ann Polytechnic,                              Fax: + 65 467 1730
535 Clementi Road,
Singapore 599489