  From: Tania Grant
  To: Doug McKean ; EMC-PSTC Discussion Group
  Sent: Wednesday, August 01, 2001 12:15 AM
  Subject: Re: Test Equipment ...

  Doug, et al,

  FCC Part 15 addresses digital devices only.   And they continue to use the
term "digital" over and over again.   The scope of FCC Part 15 does not address
analog devices, whether they be industrial, commercial, or medical test
equipment.  However, the FCC are exempting (and some say temporarily) digital
devices that are "used exclusively as industrial, commercial, or medical test
equipment."   Therefore, no, a company that makes analog test equipment does
not have to EMC test such products.   (And someone tell me please how exactly
they would test them if they wanted to!)

  taniagr...@msn.com