I was thinking more about radiated emission (30 Mhz-1 GHz) that is enhanced
by cables.

For some interesting results reported by Douglas Smith (cir. 1999 ) see:
http://emcesd.com/tt120199.htm

Effectively it is half (?) a turn if a ferrite clamp-cores are used, hence
a distributed

:-)

Tim Foo,                                      E-mail:  f...@np.edu.sg
ECE, School of Engineering,
http://www.np.edu.sg/ece/                          Tel: + 65 460 6143
Ngee Ann Polytechnic,                              Fax: + 65 467 1730
535 Clementi Road,
Singapore 599489

                    "Ralph Cameron"

                    <ral...@igs.net>               To:     "Wan Juang Foo"
<f...@np.edu.sg>
                    Sent by:                       cc:
<emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org>
                    owner-emc-pstc@majordom        Subject:     Re: Examples of
EMC problems in the real world
                    o.ieee.org

                    06/28/01 09:01 PM

                    Please respond to

                    "Ralph Cameron"

When the material of the core and the windings are as specified , the
emission reduction is uniform over the range for which it is designed-
1Mhz-30Mhz. Resonance is avoided by a distributed winding

Ralph Cameron