This might not directly answer your question, but
may put some light on why these questions are difficult
to answer in general.

For all cables , the transfer impedance is equal
to the Ohmic resistance of the shield at low frequencies.
At higher frequencies the braiding effect causes due to
the rotating effect of the braiding magnetic field line escape
in a direction 90 degrees on the cable. This is additional self inductance
that must be added to the transfer ohmic resistance, so
at high frequencies the transfer resistance becomes a complex impedance
At even higher frequencies
the shield cuts itself in an inner shield for the signal current and
an outer shield for interference current, due to the skin effect.
( this greatly improves the shielding quality)
This of course at frequencies where the "skin depth" is much smaller
then the effective depth of the shield. The braiding effect creates
here a problem as the wires change with every cm from in- to outside of the
shield. The (skin) current WILL stay outside and has to cross from wire to
wire.
Here oxidation will change cable properties when cable gets old.

Spiral (foil) shields rely on these contacts between "windings" to avoid
heavy self induction effects due to the winding of the spiral.
As the ohmic resistance is higher as copper,
at LOWER frequencies these shields are inferior to braided ones.
There are however, much less contact points per cm as the braided cable
but many contact SURFACE exists so capacitive coupling
between spiral winding will reside at high frequencies where
oxidation might impair contact resistance.
In general these cables do well at high frequencies where self induction
part
of the transfer impedance is much dominant and where oxidation might
happen. Often these shields are combined with a braided shield to
get the best of both worlds.

Best of all is the massive shield , (semi rigid cable).

Regards,

Gert Gremmen, (Ing)

ce-test, qualified testing

Web presence  http://www.cetest.nl
CE-shop http://www.cetest.nl/ce_shop.htm
/-/ Compliance testing is our core business /-/