Part 18 still uses MP-5 but it is not mandatory. In cases of dispute, MP-5
will be used by the FCC. You can't go wrong, however,  using ANSI C63.4 as
the test set-up. Or you can use the CISPR limits as Gary described. I do
not know what C64.5 is.

You do not have to submit your test results through a TCB.

Bob Heller
3M Product Safety, 76-1-01
St. Paul, MN 55107-1208
Tel:  651- 778-6336
Fax:  651-778-6252

                    Gary McInturff

                    <Gary.McInturff@worldwidepa      To:     "'Pierre SELVA'"
<pierre.se...@worldonline.fr>
                    ckets.com>                         Forum Safety-emc
<emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org>
                                                     cc:     (bcc: Robert E.
Heller/US-Corporate/3M/US)
                    05/21/2001 10:59 AM              Subject:     RE: Cooking
induction apparatus and FCC
                    Please respond to Gary

                    McInturff

Bon Jour (That's about it for my French)
    Pierre, MP-5 isn't relevant any more. I believe you  want ANSI C64.5.
and I think you'll find mostly similarities. I can't think of any
dissimilarities of the top of my head, Even FCC part 15 allows use of the
CISPR limits for radiated and conducted emissions. The only caveat (ah,
more
French!) is that if you accept the radiated limits during test you also
have
to accept the conducted limits. Some folks trip up on that one. It means
that the conducted limits are really 150Khz even at US line voltage, not
the
normal FCC start of 450 Khz.
    Gary

-----Original