From: Fred Townsend [mailto:f...@poasana.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 10, 2001 1:42 PM
To: Mike Stone
Cc: emc-p...@majordomo.ieee.org
Subject: Re: looking for used power supply

I can see why you might have difficulty finding such a device.  Your
specifications are ambiguous.
Do you really mean variable frequency or the ability to operate from either
50 or 60 Hz mains.
Ditto for variable voltage.
3000VA makes no sense in the context of 120VAC or 230VAC at 16 amps.

It is not clear what commercial benefit such a device would have (except to
separate a fool and his money) so I am skeptical you would ever find such a
device used.