From: Ravinder Ajmani [mailto:ajm...@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Friday, May 04, 2001 11:28 AM
To: emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: AC Power Primer?

Can someone explain to me how reducing the voltage will lower the power
consumption, if the load is kept constant.  On the contrary, this should
cause an increase in consumption because higher current means increased
copper losses in the wiring.  This is the reason why power distribution is
done at very high voltage levels.

Regards, Ravinder
PCB Development and Design Department
IBM Corporation
Email: ajm...@us.ibm.com
Always do right.  This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
..... Mark Twain

Hans Mellberg <emcconsult...@yahoo.com>@ieee.org on 05/04/2001 09:04:41 AM

Please respond to Hans Mellberg <emcconsult...@yahoo.com>

Sent by:  owner-emc-p...@ieee.org