Several years ago I went to warm up some peanut butter I kept in the fridge
so that it would spread easier.  I had not noticed or forgotten that the
(metallized) security wrap underneath the plastic lid had not completely
detached from the jar lip.  I got a spectacular light show right through the
opaque plastic lid.  Potentials induced on the remnant metal strips were
high enough to arc over...