I once warmed up some leftover take-out Chinese food in the take-out
containers with the metal handle.  The laws of physics worked -- the handle
burned the container.

Water is apparently resonant at 2450 MHz, but metal also reacts to EM waves.
Your dishes may have metallic compounds in the glazes or substrate.  This
will definitely warm up the "fajita platter". :-)

Don Umbdenstock