From: Peter Merguerian [mailto:pmerguer...@itl.co.il]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 3:00 AM
To: 'Matsuda, Ken'; emc-p...@ieee.org
Subject: RE: Transformer Question

Ken,

The closest you can get is UL's category for Transformers (Construction
Only) and covered under their category XORU2. These are teransformers that
have been cosntructed to various standards and meet the constructional
requirements only. Testing is done as part of the end-product.

It is a benefit to have coverage under this category since it would
alleviate from submitting transformers and parts list for dissection and
construction evaluation. Dissecting a transfrormer is the last thing a
product safety engineer wishes to touch! Agree?

PETER S. MERGUERIAN
Technical Director
I.T.L. (Product Testing) Ltd.
26 Hacharoshet St., POB 211